Effective February 21, 2017
Free UPS or Fed Ex Ground Freight within the continental United States on all orders that are equal to or exceed $1,000.00. This excludes items that are too heavy or large for UPS/Fed Ex. These items such as, but not limited to, long continuous hinges and mullions, will be shipped Via truck or common carrier. The freight cost associated with these shipments will be billed on your invoice. Hawaii and Alaska are EXCLUDED from this offer. Contact us if you have any questions on this policy. A recovery fee will now be charged on all items returned to stock if the items were shipped via free freight, this fee will not exceed original freight amount.
Please note that UPS does not guarantee suggested delivery time of any package that exceeds 48″.
Notice of Recovery Fee:
A recovery fee will now be charged on all items returned to stock if the items were shipped via free freight, this fee will not exceed original freight amount.
Notice of Restocking Fee:
A 15% restocking fee will be charged for returned stock material. Special order material is non-returnable or is subject to factory restock fee.
1. Introduction. The use of this site is governed by the policies, terms and conditions set forth below. Please read them carefully. Your use of this site indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions. JLM Wholesale Inc. reserves the right to make changes to this site and these terms and conditions at any time.
2. Copyright and Trademark Notice. This site is owned and operated by JLM Wholesale Inc. Unless otherwise specified, all materials appearing on this site, including the text, site design, logos, graphics, icons, and images, as well as the selection, assembly and arrangement thereof, are the sole property of JLM Wholesale Inc., its suppliers or content providers. Copyright © 2012, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. All software used on the site is the sole property of JLM Wholesale, Inc. or its licensors.JLM Wholesale.com and JLM Wholesale, Inc. are registered trademarks of JLM Wholesale, Inc. All custom graphics, icons, logos and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or service marks of JLM Wholesale, Inc. All other trademarks or service marks are property of their respective owners. The use of any JLM Wholesale, Inc. trademark or service mark without JLM Wholesale, Inc.’s express written consent is strictly prohibited.
3. Privacy. JLM Wholesale Inc. respects your privacy. We use the information we collect about you to inform you about our registration process and provide a more personalized experience on our site. We will not sell or disclose any information that identifies you to a third party without your prior approval.
5. Use of the Site. This site may be used for shopping and as an information resource only. This site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose that is not expressly authorized by JLM Wholesale Inc. JLM Wholesale Inc. reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, cancel orders and/or remove user content if in JLM Wholesale Inc.’s sole discretion, it believes that a user’s conduct violates applicable law or is harmful to JLM Wholesale Inc.’s interests.
6. User Posted Information. JLM Wholesale Inc. provides forums on its site to enable users to post information, comments or other content to the site. If you post any content on the site, you grant JLM Wholesale Inc. a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, distribute, display and create derivative works from such content. You also grant JLM Wholesale Inc. the right to use the name you submit with any content in connection with such content. You represent and warrant that you own or control all rights to the content that you post on this site, and that use of the content by JLM Wholesale Inc. will not infringe upon or violate the rights of any third party. No content shall be posted that is unlawful, defamatory, abusive, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. You agree not to use the site to transmit viruses or similar programs, impersonate another person or entity, engage in “spamming” activities or collect or store personal data about other users. JLM Wholesale Inc. has no responsibility for the content of any materials posted to the site by users. JLM Wholesale Inc. reserves the right in its sole discretion to edit or remove content posted by users, and to refuse access to the site to any user.
7. Risk of Loss. Items purchased from JLM Wholesale Inc. are delivered under an FOB shipping point shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for items passes to you upon our delivery of the items to the freight carrier.
8. Order Acceptance. Your receipt of an electronic order confirmation does not constitute our acceptance of your order. JLM Wholesale Inc. reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason prior to shipment. JLM Wholesale Inc. reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to supply less than the quantity ordered. All orders are subject to an acceptable payment method, credit and fraud avoidance verification. We may require additional verifications or information before accepting an order.While JLM Wholesale Inc. strives to keep information on this site accurate, complete and up-to-date, JLM Wholesale Inc. and its supplies does not guarantee that all product and pricing information on this site will be free from errors. JLM Wholesale Inc. and its suppliers will not be liable for any pricing errors appearing on this site, and JLM Wholesale Inc. reserves the right to reject any order in the event of a pricing error.
9. Disclaimer. THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY JLM Wholesale INC. ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. JLM Wholesale INC. MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, JLM Wholesale DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING: IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU AGREE THAT THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO JLM Wholesale INC. ARISING FROM ANY ITEM SOLD ON THE SITE SHALL BE THE PRICE OF THE ITEM ORDERED. JLM Wholesale INC. WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
10. Links to Other Sites. This site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned or operated by third parties. You acknowledge that JLM Wholesale Inc. is not responsible for the operation of or content located on or through such sites.
11. Applicable Law. This site is created and controlled in the State of Michigan, USA. As such, the laws of the State of California will govern the terms and conditions for use of the site. JLM Wholesale Inc. reserves the right to make changes to the site, disclaimer, terms and conditions at any time.
IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFORMATION
We would like to make you aware of what UPS is implementing regarding Large and Over Maximum Limit packages. If you order products from JLM Wholesale, that fall into one of these categories, we will do our best to choose the most economical way to deliver your product to you.
UPS has been on a mission to eradicate undesirable freight. Specifically targeting larger, heavier and oversized packages that do not align with their shipping network. As you can imagine, these large and heavier packages consume more of their time, space and most importantly, their profits. To make up for the additional work and overhead needed to handle these unwanted shipments, UPS has significantly increased the fees associated with handling them. The fees most affected include Additional Handling, Large Package and Over Maximum Limits.
Additional Handling Fee has increased by 10.6% in 2018, jumping to $12. This $12 surcharge is applied to packages in several instances:
- If your packages’ longest side exceeds 48 inches
- If your package has an actual weight greater than 70 pounds
- Any article that is encased in an outside shipping container made of metal or wood
- Any cylindrical item, such as a barrel, drum, pail, or tire, that is not fully encased in a corrugated cardboard shipping container
- Each package in a shipment where the average weight per package is greater than 70 pounds and the weight for each package is not specified on the source document or the UPS automated shipping system used
Large Package Surcharge – For domestic shipments, UPS defines a “Large Package” when its length (longest side of the package) plus girth [(2 x width) + (2 x height)] combined exceeds 130 inches and is less than 165 inches, or its length exceeds 96 inches. Large Packages are subject to a minimum billable weight of 90 pounds, in addition to the Large Package Surcharge.
How much is that Large Package surcharge? In 2018, you will now be paying $80 for any package that is deemed a Large Package by UPS, a 14.3% increase from 2017. Your package will also be up-charged to a minimum billable “90 pound” shipment.
Unfortunately, this is only the first wave of increases for large and heavy packages in 2018. UPS announced there will be a secondary rate increase to Additional Handling and Large Package fees, taking effect on July 8, 2018.
The Additional Handling charge as of July 8, 2018 for any U.S. Domestic package, exceeding 70 pounds in actual weight, will increase from $12.00 to $19.00 per package. It was only on December 24, 2017, that UPS increased the Additional Handling fee from $10.85 to $12.00. Your cost has almost doubled in a six-and-a-half-month span.
Furthermore, a Large Package Surcharge for US domestic shipments, delivered to a residential address, will increase to $90 in July; it was only on December 24, 2017, that UPS raised this fee from $70 to $80, increasing the total cost by $20 in the same six-and-a-half-month span (a 28.5% increase).
UPS is not done there. Let’s not forget about the Over Maximum Limits Surcharge, which increased by a whopping 233% in 2018 to $500 per package (yes, you read that correctly). Packages that exceed 108 inches in length or when its length (longest side of the package) plus girth [(2 x width) + (2 x height)] combined exceeds 165 inches or packages with an actual weight of more than 150 pounds are not accepted for transportation in the UPS small package system. These packages are subject to an Over Maximum Limits surcharge of $500, in addition to all other applicable charges, if found in the UPS small package system.
Should you have any questions regarding Large Package or Over Maximum Limit surcharges, please feel free to contact your JLM Account Executive.